Staffing Management Group
The Parts Department is a vital part of the dealership and the way it builds open, honest, trusting relationships with customers and other departments is essential to the dealership’s success. The Parts Counterperson’s main objective is to service both internal and external customers by phone or in person thorough sales of parts in accordance with identified customer needs and availability of parts to generate sales and profit for the dealership.
Essential Duties of this key player are as follows:
- Assists all customers (retail and shop) in selecting required parts in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Reviews body shop estimates to be sure the parts that are ordered are correct and all pricing is in line with the estimate.
- Provides a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies Parts Managers of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside sources and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Notifies the body shop when all parts have arrived and when they will be delivered.
- Pulls orders for delivery to the body shop, making sure all parts are tagged with customer names and the appropriate work order number.
- Follows-up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
- Replenishes assigned inventory daily.
- Assists outside sales representatives with their orders.
- Ensures all internal requests for parts are billed on service repair order.
- Receives payment from retail customers or obtains credit authorization.
- Ensures that all charge sales are signed by the customer.
- Ensures that all customers receive their copy of the invoice.
- Issues credit for parts returned, ensuring that the original invoice, or its number, is available so that purchase and pricing can be verified.
- Issues and tracks requested shop tools to technicians.
- Keeps orderly records of all repair orders, invoices, insurance estimates and special-order parts.
- Sets up orders for daily shipment, delivery or pick-up.
- Solicits assigned accounts by phone.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Cleans computer terminals and printers daily.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Participates with the parts manager in maintaining a lost sales tracking program.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Strives to achieve sales goals by creating and adjusting sales strategies to accomplish sales targets.
- Ensures that every customer has been offered additional products and services (Mobile App sign-ups, RepairLink Registration, Parts promotions, Mobile Repair Service Etc.)
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Provides superior customer service by responding in a friendly manner to customer requests.
- Upholds the core values of “First to Serve Others” by never responding with “no” to customer requests, but instead always responding with a can-do attitude and trying to find innovative solutions to meet customer’s needs.
- Practices active and engaged listening with customers.
- Works in an open and collaborative manner by sharing information with others to get the job done.
- Uses time management to prioritize work orders, determine priorities and manage time effectively.
- Ready and willing to share information, knowledge, and expertise with others to get the job done.
- Asks for help before becoming overwhelmed.
- Maintains strong attention to detail while continuing to focus on incoming customer requests.
- Strong communicator who meets regularly with Supervisor and customers to clarify expectations and keep everyone informed.
Please apply today! Excellent opportunity!