Staffing Management Group
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services – Medical & Dental Practitioners
Job Category: Medical / Health – Physician
Program provides seniors with the opportunity to continue living in their homes and in their communities. Our innovative and comprehensive range of medical services is what ignites our passion to treat the whole person and not the symptoms! We employ a collaborative interdisciplinary team (IDT) approach to evaluate and guide participant care, which is key to values, team culture, and mission.
The Associate Medical Director is part of our management team and is a core leader within the interdisciplinary team providing highly coordinated care. The Associate Medical Director will work closely with the Medical Director in the below areas, and specific responsibilities will depend on center’s current needs and initiatives. There will be ample opportunity for increasing professional growth and responsibility over time. This role allows the he Associate Medical Director to focus on engaging with and truly caring for participants, collaborate with a highly skilled interdisciplinary team, lead quality improvement initiatives, and leave behind the hassles and misaligned incentives of fee-for-service medicine.
Essential Job Duties:
- Assuming responsibility for the medical care of participants, managing to best practice clinical standards, treatment policies, and procedures.
- Recruiting, interviewing, training, collaborating, and supervising PACE Primary Care Providers, and other clinical staff.
- Manage direct reports including hiring, training, supervising and mentoring.
- Manage provider staffing to provide appropriate clinic coverage.
- Providing clinical care in the capacity you determine best suited for our program, whether direct care of a small panel or in a supervisory role overseeing other providers.
- Supporting development of innovative care pathways for complex conditions to enhance participant quality of life.
- Overseeing the Quality Improvement (QI) program, committees, and reports to the Board of Directors.
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring outcome measurements to assure high-quality medical care and efficient health care service utilization. Including managing best practice utilization of both internal and consult services.
- Participating in the executive management team to provide planning, budgeting, and oversight leadership for.
- Ensuring appropriate diagnosis documentation of providers to accurately reflect the clinical complexity of PACE program participants.
- Monitoring clinical and financial outcomes data to ensure performance is on track and identifying opportunities and working with market and central leadership teams on process improvements and in implementing clinical and operational strategies to reach desired goals.
- Acting as community liaison with physician groups, specialists, and hospitals to represent, assisting with recruitment and orientation of contracted providers, assuring strong provider relationships, and curating a high-quality provider network in collaboration with other departments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Creative and enthusiastic commitment to the “triple aim” – dedication to improving experience, health, and value for participants
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships with other providers and care team
- Excellent clinical, organizational, and communication skills in settings with frail, elderly participants, their families, and the IDT
- Current knowledge of chronic care/geriatric issues and best practices
- Completion of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Active California physician license without restrictions
- Board Certification – Internal Medicine or Family Practice, with specialty in Geriatrics Preferred
- Successful completion of a residency program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Completion of Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine
- Active California Physician License without Restrictions
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors
Benefits of Working: Apply your clinical expertise in new ways as we rapidly expand. You will have the opportunity to design the way we work in the context of an encouraging and loving environment where every person feels uniquely cared for.
- Medical insurance coverage (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Work/life balance – we mean it! 17 days of personal time off (PTO), 12 holidays observed annually, and sick time
- 401 K savings + match
- Advancement opportunities – we’ve got a track record of hiring and promoting from within, meaning you can create your own path!
- CME and Paid Time Away
- Equity grants – typically reserved for executives, we want all team members to celebrate our success as a rapidly scaling company
- Malpractice Insurance
- And additional benefits
Salary/Wage base range for this role is $275,00.00 – $305,000 + Bonus + Equity. offers competitive total rewards package that includes, 401k match, healthcare coverage and a broad range of other benefits. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience and other qualifications.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
Our mission is to unlock the full potential of our vulnerable seniors. In this spirit, please note that we have a vaccination policy for all of our employees and proof of vaccination prior to employment is required.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We embrace and cherish the diversity of our team members, and we’re committed to building a culture of inclusion and belonging. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS [note: bold skills and certification are required]
Board Certified in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, or Geriatrics
Licensed in California
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No